- Contact Us
One Day's Wages (ODW) is a new grassroots movement of people, stories, and actions to alleviate extreme global poverty.
The numbers are staggering:
- 25,000 children under the age of 5 die each day due to poverty-related causes.
- Unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of all sickness and disease, and kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war. Nearly 900 million people do not have access to clean water.
- Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.
The good news is that, there are already individuals and organizations around the world doing amazing work to alleviate extreme poverty. We're not trying to re-invent the wheel but rather to collaborate and partner with others. In short, ODW is joining them in the fight.
Consider the impact of your one day's wages...
which is equivalent to about 0.4% of your annual salary.
- $20 can provide clean water for one person for 20 years.
- $10 can purchase a bed net to help prevent malaria.
- $45 can pay annual school tuition for one child.
- $100 can provide a woman with a sewing machine and job training.
Will you join the movement?
- Visit our website and calculate your one day's wages.
- Choose the organizations and causes to support. 100% of your donations towards projects (minus credit card costs) go directly to organizations working to end extreme global poverty.
- Nominate your favorite organizations around the world for ODW to consider supporting.
- Spread the word! Facebook Page | twitter: @onedayswages
- Engage the conversation on our blogs, forums, and website.
Statistics: Unicef, Global Issues, charity:water