At One Day’s Wages we love partnering with schools, classes and service clubs who want to learn more about extreme global poverty and take action. Sponsoring a One Day's Wages cause is a great way to both raise awareness about extreme poverty while also making a big impact.
Why Sponsor a One Day's Wages Cause?
Share about an issue of extreme global poverty with students, raising awareness at your school and igniting action at a young age. Choose from any of our causes and we can provide you with educational resources.
Students can volunteer through a campaign, event, or club, and use these activities as school credit OR service hours. We can provide volunteer hours log sheets and letters of recommendation.
Raise funds for an issue of extreme global poverty within your class, school and in your community. Pick from our list of causes, set a goal, create a page on our site and start sharing!
How Your School, Class or Club can Sponsor a Cause
1. In-Class Projects: break the class up into groups and have each group pick one of our causes. Then research, write a paper, create a presentation, or find another creative way to help students learn and teach their peers. Project Example. Curriculum coming soon!
2. ODW School Club or College Chapter: start an ODW club or chapter on campus that aims to educate and raise funds. Register your club with your school, pick a cause, set a goal for the year, create a club/chapter page on our website and share. Club Example. Club and Chapter materials coming soon!
3. School-Wide Event: events are great ways to bring an entire class, grade or school together with a common purpose. They provide team-building and motivate students to learn and get involved. Event Example
4. Community-Wide Event: just like school events, community events have the opportunity to bring entire neighborhoods and families together. Host a block party, partner with local businesses, or just invite the community to your school event! Event Example
5. Long-Term Campaign: if there is an issue of extreme global poverty that your school really wants to dive deeper into, then a long-term campaign is the perfect opportunity. Combine any of the above ideas and go deep! Campaign Example
Contact email@example.com to learn more about how your school can sponsor a One Day's Wages cause!
Some of our recent School Partners:
Cascadia Montessori School has partnered with ODW three years in a row, and this year they ran a 5K to raise awareness and funds for the ODW Health Fund.
Judson University partnered with ODW by having their students learn about the issue of human trafficking and fundraise for the Human Trafficking Fund.
O'Dea High School partnered with ODW by having their students learn about global poverty issues, raise awareness and fundraise for those issues. Students worked together in groups around the issues of Health, Clean Water, Women's Empowerment and Human Trafficking.
UW MHA Student Association Philanthropy Committee has committed to raising awareness and funds with the students of their program by coming together and drinking 1 less coffee a week for a cause.
The ODW Cypress Club was created by a group of students at Cypress High School in California as a way to raise awareness and funds for extreme global poverty at their school and in their community.
Charterhouse Charities Committee partnered with ODW's project with Love146 in the Philippines.
Lakeland High School chose to partner with ODW's partner project with a child's right for their 2010 "Prairie Pig" spirit competition fundraiser.
Morrison Academy Kaohsiung (MAK) raised $21,350 in 2010 towards ODW's Water project with 'a child's right,' in 2011, they raised another $11,814 for ODW's project with Eden Reforestation- Madagascar. This year they are raising 10K for our Iraq and Syria Relief Fund.
NNKIEH raised $6K+ to support ODW's Water Fund by hosting a school fair.
Northwest University Students put on a benefit show to support ODW's Human Trafficking Fund
Palos Verdes High School leaders hosted a benefit show featuring musicians and artists from their school for ODW's Haiti Relief and Rebuild Fund.
Whittier Elementary School donated $44.38 in coins from Ms. Mayo's 1st grade students to One Day's Wages.