- Contact Us
Breaking Ground | Cameroon
We're proud to be partnering with Breaking Ground through a $16,767 matching grant to address the water security of 3,500 people in Baleveng, Cameroon.
This partnership will enable Breaking Ground and their local partner, RIDEV, to build an electric pump and water reservoir, and implement a local hygiene program. This project will go a long ways to help to ensure safer, healthier lives for those living in the community.
Who is Breaking Ground?
Breaking Ground partners with Cameroonians to achieve lasting solutions to their self-identified needs by investing in local knowledge, empowering women, and promoting economic development.
By empowering Cameroonian communities to implement their own grassroots projects, Breaking Ground encourages and supports sustainable, bottom-up development.
In the community of Baleveng in west Cameroon there is an urgent need for improved drinking water and for a health education program. Currently all 3,500 members of the community gather their water from a small spring they must wade into to fetch water. In 2011 alone there were 650 documented cases of water-related diseases in the area.
This matching grant will enable Breaking Ground and the community of Baleveng to build an electric pump and water reservoir that will impact 3,500 people in the community. Breaking Ground will also work with the Research Institute for Development and local health centers to organize an educational program, this program will teach basic hygiene as well as water treatment techniques to comprehensively maximize the impact of the project.
**The matching grant is for a total of $16,767; 40% ($6,706.80) of that total will be raised through this campaign, the remaining 60% will come from ODW's Water Fund.
How You Can Help.
- Calculate and donate your day's wage or simply, donate any amount.
- Give up your birthday and start a campaign.
- Become a Partnering Group (business, nonprofit, school, etc.)
- What's your idea? Start an Idea for a Cause campaign.
Breaking Ground | Cameroon Progress
Raised So Far
Donations to this Fund
|BlackRock Matching Gift Program||$478.57||-||03.22.2013|
|Nanke School Taiwan||$1,812.18||-||01.22.2013|
|Anonymous||$20.00||Thank you, John Hoy!||12.21.2012|
|Lindsay Clarke||$25.00||Thank you, ODW, for your support of this project! We're almost there!||12.12.2012|
|Elizabeth Stiles||$100.00||Love supporting Breaking Ground! Totally believe in what they are doing, and I hope others will be inspired to support them too!||11.24.2012|
|Anonymous||$25.00||I wish I could donate more, but I a really grateful that ya'll are providing this opportunity for people to help those in need, and I pray you reach your goal and help these people get water.||09.24.2012|
|Devon Golaszewski||$20.00||Good luck Breaking Ground team!||08.13.2012|
|Anonymous||$10.00||Payment of 10.00 USD submitted through PayPal.||07.25.2012|
Ways to Donate
Use this page to select an organization and donate online using your credit card.
Checks should be made payable to: One Day's Wages. Please write "Giving Fund" or the specific project/fund you are giving towards.
Wire donations, stock transfers, or estate planning. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing address:One Day's Wages
1301 2nd Ave. Suite 3600
Seattle, WA 98101
ODW is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible. 100% of your donations (minus credit card transaction costs) go directly to specific projects to alleviate global poverty.