Groups for a Cause
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
- African Proverb
Group for a Cause is a great opportunity for friends, families, schools, churches, and other communities to come together in the collective effort to fight extreme poverty.
Groups for a Cause enables a simple process where groups can mobilize their community, create their group campaign, and partner with ODW in raising awareness and funds to empower those living in extreme poverty.
Here are some examples:
- Students, faculty, and parents from Morrison Academy Kaohsiung (Taiwan) are raising funds for a water project for Cambodians schools and a orphanage in need of water.
- New City Covenant Church's campaign raised funds for ODW's Pakistan Flood Relief.
- Marvista Elementary School gathered coins and other donations for Haiti.
Here's our pledge:
Here's how it works:
- Create your group campaign page. It takes less than 5 minutes to create a unique and personal group page.
- Walk the talk. Donate your day's wages on your campaign page and let others know that you're not asking them to do something you're not willing to do.
- Set a fundraising goal. You can choose any goal.
- Choose where to give. That's right. You choose! You can choose from any of our current partners.
- Share and promote your group campaign page. Let your community know via email, facebook, twitter, house parties, and anything else you can think of.