- Contact Us
What is the definition of a movement?
movement (mvmnt) n. - 1. a series of actions and events taking place over a period of time and working to foster a principle 2. an organized effort by supporters of a common goal.
What is the movement of One Day's Wages?
a movement dedicated to ending extreme global poverty.
How can you be a part of the movement?
- FIRST. Join One Day's Wages. Register an account through One Day's Wages AND create your profile. Creating an account allows you to grow with the ODW community and movement. Click here to read the benefits of becoming an ODW member.
- SECOND. Donate your one day's wages = approximately 0.4% of your annual salary. Many of us are so privileged and while these are tough economic times, your choice to simply invest one day's wages can have a dramatic impact on the life of someone living under the weight of extreme poverty. We invite you to also renew that pledge to donate one day's wages on your birthday (or if you choose, donate to ODW each month or whatever rhythm best suits you). When you donate, you can choose the option to give regularly.
- THREE. Learn and Share your voice by engaging with others through our forums, articles, interviews, and blogs.
- FOUR. Stories. In the landscape of the harsh realities of extreme poverty, there are stories of organizations, women, men, and children that are courageous, hopeful, and inspiring. Share them with us.
- FIVE. Help us find organizations to support. While we'll continue to partner with more well known organizations, our vision is to partner with smaller grassroots NGOs and CBOs around the world whose operating budget is < $100,000 US. Have you volunteered somewhere? Have you given to some of these orgs? Are you involved in some of these orgs?
- SIX. Spread the word about ODW. One of our strategies is to utilize technology and social media and we've made it easy for you to spread the word through this website.