1.2 billion people are living in extreme global poverty. In the midst of such harsh realities, there is nevertheless, some good news.
- It is within our human capacity to end extreme global poverty.
- There are already numerous individuals and organizations around the world doing amazing work to end extreme global poverty.
- You don't have to be a rock star, millionaire, or movie star to make a difference. YOU can make a difference.
ODW's strategy is collaboration and partnership. We don't need or want to reinvent the wheel but rather partner and collaborate with organizations, other movements, advocacy groups, non-government organizations (NGO) and community based organizations (CBO) that share similar values and mission to end extreme global poverty.
How do we do this?
- We will fund NGOs and CBOs - particularly smaller grassroots organizations - that share our values and are doing amazing work towards ending extreme global poverty.
- We will invite anyone and everyone to simple strategic giving by asking people to invest their One Day's Wages and to renew this pledge monthly, quarterly, or at the least, each year on their birthdays.
- We will share stories through various mediums to raise awareness. Stories of beauty and reality; stories of hope and courage.
- We will collaborate with other advocacy groups to influence policy making in order to be advocates and voices for the voiceless.
- We will utilize human relationships and technology/social media to raise the profile of our movement and thus, share our stories, influence policies impact the poorest of the poor, and fund more projects and organizations.
- We will partner with corporations, small business, churches, religious organizations, schools, and artists/musicians to partner with us.