One Day’s Wages (ODW) is looking for a passionate and driven person to join our grassroots organization as our Communications Director. As a movement of people, stories, and actions, our Communications Director plays a crucial role in building that movement and telling those stories with integrity and passion. This person will work closely with our Founder, Operations Director, and Development Director to creatively tell our story to our community and convey our impact. This person will oversee all communication channels including social media, blogging, impact reports, and public relations; they will drive the content and design to ensure ODW’s voice is conveyed with excellence.
As a small, grassroots organization, everyone does a little bit of everything to build the vision of ODW. This role can be broken down to approximately 70% Communications and 30% Operations support. The responsibilities can be broken down into the following categories.
Social Media + Email Marketing
- Implement overall social strategy for weekly, monthly, quarterly campaigns
- Produce daily social media output + monthly analytics reports
- Develop strategy for targeting ads and emails to right audience
Web Content + Impact Reporting
- Main writer and Editor in Chief of ODW’s blog with the goal of establishing ODW’s voice in the larger social justice movement with consistent and engaging content
- Manage the creation of new partner and campaign pages and SEO strategy with Operations Director
- Produce reports to convey impact of projects for web, social, and physical handouts
Creative Design + Brand Management
- Produce original video shorts to engage community on all platforms
- Capture and edit photos from our events and partners consistent with core branding and values
- Design shareable graphics to drive engagement and underscore key message
Partnership Development + Admin
- Engage our granting partners through the fundraising and reporting phase of our relationship to ensure they have all the tools and assets to be successful
- Develop relationships with key social influencers to help share ODW stories
- Manage all lists in CRM for accuracy + ease of reporting and targeting
- Previous Project Management experience working with volunteers
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to work independently and within a team; ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding storytelling skills through both the written and visual form
- Understanding of current best practices and key ideas around content creation and marketing
- Personally active and engaged through multiple social media platforms
- Working knowledge and experience with WordPress or similar CMS
- Proven ability to grow and engage audiences, along with understanding of how to measure and build upon that success
- Photography experience along with good working knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator or similar creative tools
- Basic familiarity with video editing tools and process to produce original content
- Growing awareness and commitment to issues of extreme global poverty and international development
- Energized through collaborating with a diverse team, and possess a great sense of humor.
- Salesforce or similar CRM experience
Details and how to apply:
- Reports to: Operations Director
- Type: Full time
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Salary: $45-$50k/yr + Health Benefits
- Ideal start date: February
- Before submitting an application, be sure to read our Founders’ Story and carefully review some of our past projects to make sure you share our values in the fight against extreme poverty.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should include the following info:
- Why do you want to work at One Day’s Wages?
- How does your previous experience/education qualify you for this position?
- Links to all your social media handles.
- At least 2 references – one professional and one personal.