One Day’s Wages (ODW) is looking for a passionate and driven person to join our grassroots organization as our Development Director. As “a movement of people, stories, and actions”, our Development Director plays a crucial role in building that movement and telling those stories with integrity and passion. This person will work closely with our Founder, Operations Director, and Communications Director to help develop and implement our community outreach and fundraising goals throughout the year. They will be responsible for building and fostering relationships with donors, schools, businesses, and faith groups to help grow the ODW movement. This position is a great opportunity for an individual who loves engaging people, and enjoys sharing about their passion for international development and social justice.
As a small, grassroots organization, everyone does a little bit of everything to build the vision of ODW – including some administrative work. This role can be broken down to approximately 70% Development and 30% Operations Director Support. For the role of development, responsibilities can be broken down into the following categories.
Group Partnership Development:
- Develop new partnerships with schools, businesses, churches and other faith groups as a source of major gifts.
- Oversee all partnerships from the acquisition stage and through the campaign with the goal of building a longterm relationship.
- Implement partnership contact strategy through email, phone, in-person, web, and social media.
- Build upon our crowdfunding model to inspire people to launch personal fundraising campaigns (birthdays, ideas, etc.).
- Engage campaigners to help them have successful campaigns which can include email correspondence, in-person events and meetings, and writing copy for web use.
- Oversee all correspondence after campaign to communicate our gratitude and their impact.
- Build upon current donor contact strategy to develop new donor relationships, and maintain and cultivate those relationships.
- Develop a robust recurring donor program that encourages new donors to sign up, and communicate their impact through on-going engagement.
- Help plan our Annual Gala, particularly in securing sponsors and auction items.
- Previous Project Management experience working with volunteers
- Strong planning, administrative and organizational skills; ability to manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, work independently and within a team; ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding storytelling skills, both verbally and written; particularly in the areas of persuasive verbal communication and writing
- Ideally, experience in securing major gifts and cultivating relationships with potential donors.
- Ideally, experience working with donor databases to track and target donors
- Growing awareness and commitment to issues of extreme global poverty and international development
- Energized through collaborating with a diverse team, and possess a great sense of humor.
- Creative design experience working within Photoshop/Illustrator
- Basic familiarity with video editing tools
- WordPress content management experience.
Details And How To Apply:
- Reports to: Operations Director
- Type: Full time
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Salary: $36k-$38k/yr + Health Benefits
- Ideal start date: April-May
- Before submitting an application, be sure to read our Founders’ Story and carefully review some of our past projects to make sure you share our values in the fight against extreme poverty.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Cover letter should include the following info:
- Why do you want to work at One Day’s Wages?
- How does your previous experience/education qualify you for this position?
- At least 2 references – one professional and one personal.