GRANT ANALYST SUMMER COHORTinternship for the next generation of leaders
JOIN A PASSIONATE TEAM OF DREAMERS
We are looking for intrinsically-motivated, dedicated individuals to help us achieve our goals by researching, vetting, and assisting in recommending potential partner organizations around the world that align with ODW’s mission, values, and areas of impact.
This summer cohort internship is structured as an immersed learning experience. Within three months,* the cohort will work together to learn the entire granting process from receiving Letters of Inquiry to drafting recommendations for funding. Interns will gain hands-on experience at every step of the process as well as deepen their knowledge on industry best practices around sustainable development goals, such as water and sanitation, maternal health, and human trafficking.
*Please email us directly if you would like to talk about a 6 month internship (with fewer hours per week) instead of the 3 month summer cohort.
- Actively search for potential partners that align with ODW core values
- Process LOIs (Letters of Inquiry) and grant applications
- Own the grant vetting process for potential partners until completion (approval/denial)
- Prepare presentations on applicants for weekly cohort meetings
- Initiate communication with potential partners when in need of extra information for vetting process
- Collaborate with cohort members in researching and documenting industry best practices
- Develop and maintain database of research and reports
- Assist Operations Director with administrative duties when needed
- Strong research skills
- Experience and/or educational background in International Development
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Interest in social justice, non-profit organizations, and issues surrounding global poverty
- Great people skills, initiative, enthusiasm, and sense of humor are a must!
Details and How to Apply:
- Supervisors: Operations Director and Lead Grant Analyst
- Duration: Three months** (Please email us if you’d like to negotiate a six month internship at 12 hrs/week)
- Ideal start date: June 18
- 20 hrs/wk; 15 in office, 5 remote.
- Must be able to attend weekly staff meeting with entire cohort; remaining office hours schedule is negotiable.
- Location: Seattle, WA.
- Compensation: Unpaid; A letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit.
Cover letter should include the following info:
- Which position you’re applying for
- Why you want to work at One Day’s Wages
- How your previous experience/education qualifies you for this position
- At least one personal OR professional reference
WHY INTERN FOR ONE DAY’S WAGES?
As a small, grassroots movement you will be able to see the impact of the time, resources, and energy that you bring to the table. Our interns are vital part of the movement!
We value transparency, dignity, mutuality, and empowerment. Our interns have the chance to embody our values through the grant vetting process.
The cohort-style internship generates energy, collaboration, and a wealth of knowledge. The process is intensive without being competitive; collaborative while still requiring individual drive and motivation.