We are looking for an intrinsically-motivated, dedicated individual to help us achieve our goals at the core of our operations by researching, vetting, and recommending potential partner organizations around the world that align with ODW mission, values, and areas of impact.
This position will be focused on the first step in our grant vetting process: leads. We process two different types of leads: passive leads, which are requests submitted on our website without an invitation, and active leads, which are organizations that we intentionally invite to apply for a grant. The Grants Prospecting Intern is responsible for processing leads, summarizing information for grant vetting meetings, and pitching the granting team on active leads generated through research.
- Process Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) that are submitted through the ODW website
- Present LOI summaries at granting meetings to update ODW granting team
- Actively search for potential projects and partners that align with ODW core values
- Pitch active leads to ODW granting team for consideration
- Initiate communication with potential partners when in need of extra information for vetting process
- Assist Deputy Director with administrative duties when needed
- Strong research skills
- Experience and/or educational background in International Development
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Interest in social justice, non-profit organizations, and issues surrounding global poverty
- Great people skills, initiative, enthusiasm, and sense of humor are a must!
Details and How to Apply:
- Supervisor: Deputy Director
- Duration: Six Months; 8-10 hrs/wk
- Location: Remote/Seattle, WA
- Compensation: Unpaid; A letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Margaret Anderson-Sandoval at [email protected].
Cover letter should include the following info:
- Why do you want to intern at One Day’s Wages?
- How does your previous experience/education qualify you for this position?
- What are you hoping to learn or how are you hoping to grow from this experience?