We are looking for a passionate, creative wordsmith interested in writing about global issues and telling the story of ODW’s impactful work. The Impact Editor will assist the Communications Manager with compiling, reviewing, and storing impact reports from partner organizations and subsequently turning reports into compelling content for ODW donor reports, social media posts, blogs, and email updates.
- Research global issues including water & sanitation, human trafficking, child health, preventable diseases, maternal care, children’s education, girls empowerment, hunger, gender-based violence, jobs and skills, and disaster relief
- Create engaging, thought-provoking content for ODW platforms including but not limited to our blog, website, social media, and donor reports
- Update project pages on the ODW website with impact stories and metrics received from partner organizations
- Turn project reports from partners into compelling content for email, website, social media
- Assist in updating and managing Salesforce with impact metrics from partners
- Excellent research and creative writing skills
- Experience with data and content management via online platforms such as Google Drive, Salesforce, Mailchimp, etc.
- Graduated from or currently pursuing undergraduate degree in an area of International/Global Studies, English, Journalism, Communications, or other related field
- Interest in learning about how a small, globally-focused nonprofit functions day-to-day
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team setting
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable; can go with the flow in a fast-paced small team!
Details and How to Apply
- Supervisor: Communications Manager
- Duration: Six Months; 12hrs/wk (8hrs in office; 4 remote)
- Type: Part-time, temporary
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Unpaid; A letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit.