IMPACT EDITOR INTERNSHIP
We are looking for a passionate, creative wordsmith, interested in writing about global issues and telling the story of ODW’s work to our global community. The Impact Editor will assist the Communications Director with research and writing creative, thought-provoking content for ODW platforms.
- Research global issues including water & sanitation, human trafficking, child health, preventable diseases, maternal care, children’s education, girls empowerment, hunger, gender-based violence, jobs and skills, and disaster relief
- Create engaging, thought-provoking content for ODW platforms including but not limited to our blog, website, donor and partner reports
- Keep our photo library organized and up-to-date
- Excellent research and creative/informative writing skills
- Minimum education: graduated from or currently pursuing undergraduate degree in an area of international/global studies or writing (Junior or higher) ie global health, political science, international development, English, Journalism, Communications, etc.
- Interest in learning about how a small, but globally-focused nonprofit functions day-to-day
- The ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Detail-oriented, excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
Details and How to Apply
- Supervisor: Communications Director
- Duration: Six Months; 15 hrs/wk
- Type: Part-time, temporary
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Unpaid; A letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.