We are looking for a passionate, creative individual with a keen eye for details to help us share about the impact of our partnerships on our website. The Impact Reporting Editor intern will assist the Deputy Director with reviewing impact reports from partner organizations and subsequently turning reports into compelling content for ODW on our website.
- Manage the pipeline of reports along with the Deputy Director and Lead Grant Analyst to ensure that project pages are published in a timely manner
- Create, update, and publish project pages on the ODW website with impact stories and metrics received from partner organizations
- Occasionally turn project reports from partners into compelling content for email, website, social media
- Occasional research global issues such as water & sanitation, human trafficking, and maternal and child health for website updates, blog posts, and other ODW assets
- Excellent research and creative writing skills
- Experience with data and content management via online platforms such as Google Drive, Salesforce, Mailchimp, etc.
- Adept at learning new online platforms, such as WordPress, Asana, Photoshop
- Curious about what it takes to manage a fully functioning and engaging website for donors and supporters
- Graduated from or currently pursuing undergraduate degree in an area of International/Global Studies, Communications, Business, or other related field
- Interest in learning about how a small, globally-focused nonprofit functions day-to-day
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team setting
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable; can go with the flow!
Details and How to Apply:
- Supervisor: Deputy Director
- Duration: Six Months; 8-12 hrs/wk
- Type: Internship (part time/temporary)
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Compensation: Unpaid; A letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit.
Before you apply, be sure to review some of our past projects to see what you will be building and make sure you share our values in the fight against extreme poverty. Please send your resume and a cover letter to Margaret Anderson-Sandoval at [email protected].
Cover letter should include the following info:
- Why do you want to intern at One Day’s Wages?
- How does your previous experience/education qualify you for this position?
- What are you hoping to learn or how are you hoping to grow from this experience?