PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
The Public Relations Coordinator will work with the Operations Director and Development Director on projects related to public relations and marketing. The PR Coordinator will work to enhance our media presence and ability to reach more people with the story of ODW. This would include developing and implementing a contact strategy targeting various media outlets and our general community by crafting and sharing our story in a way that connects and inspires.
- Utilize and be active on social media to promote One Day’s Wages (Facebook, Twitter)
- Assist in press release development and distribution
- Develop and maintain website press content
- Assist in the development and implementation of a contact strategy
- Develop and maintain media contact database
- Assist in the writing of blogs
- Actively pursue new media outlets to share our story with
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Understanding of organizational branding
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great people skills, initiative, enthusiasm, and sense of humor are a must!
- Experience with or interest in non-profit organizations
- Experience in Public Relations
- Experience in Marketing, Journalism, and/or Communications
Details and How to Apply
- Supervisor: Operations Director
- Duration: Six Months; 10-15 hrs/wk
- Type: Part-time, temporary
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Unpaid; A letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.