842,000 people die every year from diarrheal diseases.
People educated about sanitation
People with access to clean water
Water points constructed
WHY CLEAN WATER?
- 4.5 billion people lack safely managed sanitation services.
- 2.1 billion people lack access to safely managed drinking water services.
- By 2025, 1.8 billion people are expected to be living in countries or regions with absolute water scarcity
- 340,000 children under five die every year from diarrhoeal diseases.
- About three quarters of households in sub-Saharan Africa fetch water from a source away from their home and 50% to 85% of the time, women are responsible for this task.
- Reducing the time it takes to fetch water from 30 to 15 minutes increased girls’ school attendance by 12% according to a study in Tanzania.